Friday 3 August 2012

EIR CLOSURE-practical 10

i describe my eir journey as a rainbow.


The different colours to the rainbow symbolises the many things I've learnt from taking up EIR.Also, a rainbow which is said to have no end symbolises the limitless heights I can achieve after learning so much from this CDS.

firstly, before taking up this cds, i have never ever created my own blog. after taking the cds, i learnt how to create my own blog and i think its kinda fun . i might continue to post on my blog even after i leave this cds!

now , we also have to create our own facebook page and wiki page. the purpose of facebook page(stop youth depression) is to ADVOCATE to people about our topics and the purpose of wiki page (causes and effect of youth depression)is to let the person know more information our topics. its also something new which i have never done before. i mean i have my own facebook page and i sometimes post on my wall. but creating a facebook ADVOCACY page is totally different and new to me. you have to be sure the information you post is relevant to the facebook page you are ADVOCATING about .

i also learnt that google is not the only search engine  in this world. there are also stuffs like databases, meta search engine and a whole lot more of others search tools which can give you more information about the stuffs you are looking for. this subject will really come in handy throughout my 3 years in Poly as research is a vital part in my assignments.

i learnt
search engine-most commonly used to find info on internet
meta search engine- transmit search terms simultaeously to several search engines
subject directories-topic list arranged in a hierarchical way,users select and browse a particular category
invisible web- content that is not part of the Surface Web, which is indexable by standard search engines.


overall, i think i love this CDS. the information i served should aid me greatly throughout my 3 years in poly and even to after i graduate.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment